This is one of my son, William’s, favorite lunches.
- Eggless Tofu Salad Sandwich on pumpernickel bread with tomato and spinach
- Beet Chips (he LOVES beet chips!)
- Grapes (only if they are sweet and firm)
- Secret Peanut Butter Cookies (really my husband’s #1 favorite), but William loves them too.
- A few chocolate chips and goji berries just for fun
I make a batch or even a double batch of Eggless Tofu Salad at the beginning of the week, so we can all enjoy it all week. I don’t make it very often, so it’s a real treat when I do. When making sandwiches with moist fillings like this, especially if you’re packing the night before, be sure to toast the bread and let the bread cool before making the sandwich. That will help keep the sandwich from getting soggy.
I always pack William’s lunch in a Planet Box. We’ve been using it for years and we love it. I line the inside of each compartment with a piece of paper towel that I cut to fit to absorb any condensation.
I hope your kids love this meal as much as mine!